I have many years of teaching experience and can discuss a wide range of topics. While I am predominantly a guitar player, I have experience with and have often enjoyed teaching musical/compositional concepts as well as improvisational tools and music theory to other instruments.
Here are a few topics I can discuss with students:
- Beginning to advanced Music Theory
- Patterns and ideas for creative scale practicing
- Individualized approaches to learning and improvisation
- Transcription and analysis
- Compositional/Songwriting techniques
- Counterpoint and Guitar Polyphony
- Harmony, the study of creating interesting voicings with moving lines
- Guitarist left and right hand technique (with or without a pick)
- Hybrid picking, alternate picking, economy picking, legato technique
- Time metronome exercises
- George Russell's Lydian Chromatic Concept of Tonal Organization
- In addition to many other topics upon request!
On the right, I've attached some samples of one topic I find very useful and share with all my students, chord scale relationships.
I'm available for in person lessons in the New York area, as well as Skype/Facetime lessons in 30, 45, or 60 minute intervals.